Sunday, December 9, 2012

Thankful

Somehow it's already December and surprise, I haven't done our Thanksgiving post. :) We headed to Columbia for the back half of the week.  We ate entirely too much, enjoyed the parents new house, caught a little high school football and even snuck in a date night.  I was so excited for Emerson to watch the Macy's parade.  It was a tradition in our house.  Dad would get the fire going and we would all settle in on the couch with hot chocolate. E LOVES balloons and is starting to show interest in "characters" so I thought it would be right up her alley.  Apparently she had other plans.  Our sweet little sleeping-in girl woke up so happy and ready to go at a dreaded 5:30. Whoooohooo.  Which of course resulted in a much needed nap (for everyone) at 9:30.  Oh plans.  I will learn.  Kids have a sixth sense when you really need them to be well rested and on their A game.  Its part of God's way of humbling us.  I'm convinced :)  Anyway she did great after round 2 of her sleep and enjoyed the family and even tried all the casseroles . We are so thankful for our sweet girl that keeps us laughing.  And running.  And learning.  I am thankful for my patient man to do life with. It has been an eventful year but to step back and look at the Lord's provision. Thankful is an understatement.


4 Generations

a very tired E in her floral hat

kisses for Aunt C



always a fun time with Uncle JimJim

my girl

No comments:

Post a Comment