Thursday, December 29, 2011

Here goes....


Oh the words we eat when we become moms. For those that know me well I swore off blogging long ago and well here I sit. I want to be able keep a running record of E's first year and the crazy, messy, wonderful change of becoming a mom. So here goes...

Why the name? Thats how our house functions. I am a perpetual night owl and Chris is a morning person to his core. I believe nothing should happen before 9 am. For some reason the rest of the world is not on board with my plan. My work schedule as a nurse sure hasn't been and apparently neither is my new schedule as a mom. Since having E I have moved the absolute of 9 am back to 7am. If I can just make it till 7 I promise you will have a different person than if you wake me at 6:45. Chris on the other hand springs out of bed at 6:30 or 7:00 and couldn't be happier. I prefer to get things done at night, as it takes a long routine of hot shower and a coffee or two to get me going in the mornings. At night I can go till the wee hours and be more than productive. I was hoping this would flip flop once I had E. Apparently I am programmed to dislike mornings :) This arrangement worked well in E's first few weeks. I could take the late late nights and Chris was a champ on the early mornings. I prayed and prayed for a child with sleep habits like mine and patience like her daddy. I think E has fallen right down the middle with sleep. She needs her sleep and will let you know if she hasn't got it. But thankfully she will give me that 7am most of the time, with an occasional 6:45 to remind me I'm not in charge :)

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blog world. Now we just need to get Dre on board. :) Love the color scheme! That is such a cute pic of E!

    ReplyDelete