Sweet E is 7 months tomorrow. She had her doctors appointment today and the ruling is....she's still a peanut. 25% in weight and 51% in height. (I'm a little jealous of her stats) Our doctor is wonderful and I always leave feeling like a weight has been lifted off. Its pretty therapeutic. I would go more often if that was socially acceptable. Like weekly. She is loving Riggs, food, and happily squealing as loud as humanly possible for her little body. It is hilarious and she keeps us laughing daily. She is working on that second tooth so it is taking a little more to keep her entertained this week. So lots of ridiculous dance moves from me, A LOT of Brown Bear, Brown Bear and a few doses of Motrin. Oh and Excedrin for me. :) E hasn't been taking the bottle as well since the addition of solids. She can't get enough solids but the bottle has been take it or leave it, leaving this nurse mama fighting to make sure she gets the minimum 24 oz a day. Well guess what? That magic number is not so magic. When he said I didn't have to force feed, i mean offer more :), you might as well have told me you got me a night at the Charleston Place. Well not quite but pretty close. Its ridiculous the things we stress about.
Speaking of, I just read "Sippy Cups are Not For Chardonnay". If I could write a book about the challenges of being a new mom this may be it. Minus some vulgarity and a few slams at some doctrine I do agree with. But all in all she puts a refreshingly honest spin on the what I believe is the biggest change we experience. I laughed and cried and read half of it out loud to Chris. It was one of those I wish I had picked up before we had E. But of course I didn't read a single thing until after she was born. And then that was out of desperation. And realizing that my former thought of "I'm a nurse, I know this stuff" didn't have a leg to stand on. If you are expecting and appreciate some good humor and a healthy dose of real life, you will love it. Although you may be able to relate to it even more once your little one has arrived.
Waving to her new favorite toy
No bath is complete without Ellie (she told me thats her name)
Time to go hold this sweet girl until those nasty shots wear off. See you tomorrow for confessional :)
Thanks for the basket suggestions and I am definitely going to have to get that book!
ReplyDeleteI just found your blog! I have to say I love your "confessionals". I was dying laughing reading them!
ReplyDelete