Monday, February 20, 2012

a little catch up...

I feel like the past few weeks have flown by. Here's a recap in pictures, because I really should be unpacking the massive amounts of supplies that are required to travel with a 8 month old.

Poor husband. This is what his Valentine's Day looked like...

The norovirus is reaking havoc on Charleston, and it seems more specifically our church. I don't think I can think of a family (that has kids) that has not been affected by this nasty bug. We were lysoling and cleaning like crazy to keep this away from E. Even though I'm not positive that she wasn't the first one to have it....sometimes it can be hard to tell if you have a reflux baby.

In the meantime we pulled out all the stops. Yes, this Type A momma dumped all the toy baskets. It was that kind of day.





Please excuse the lack of clothes. She is teething and drooling like crazy so I was trying to minimize the time a wet bib is up against her. Sounds like a good mom answer right? Well the reality is.... she is just happier with no clothes.


We did finally get a dose of winter down here. Just enough to break out the bear suit. But now the cold can gladly leave again. We will not miss it.







She's got her keys and is ready to go! We spent this weekend in Atlanta with the Hostetlers. Chris and his dad helped his brother with some renovations and the girls did some shopping and a lot of shuttling babies back and forth for naps. E got to spend some time with her cousin and they were hilarious. I'll have to get pictures from Chris' sister. E did great on the 6 hour car ride but we did learn one thing. Well I think we already knew, but it was confirmed...this girl needs her sleep. She sleeps ALOT. And I am thankful for it, but you would think with the amount she gets at night skipping a nap here and there wouldn't be a big deal. Its a HUGE deal apparently when you skip all naps. If people are awake and having fun there is no way this girl is going down unless she has her own space. So much so that I had to drape a blanket over the carseat on the ride so she couldn't see me. That was the only way car sleep was accomplished. Don't you worry though, we can scout out a bathroom or closet that fits a pack n play almost anywhere :)




2 comments:

  1. Loved having ya'll for bathroom renovation 2012 & so thankful for your help and company in the craziness!! =) Come back soon (for a non work weekend)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had so much fun! Im sorry I wasnt much help!! Thank you for all the meals! You look wonderful! I cannot wait to meet your sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete