Yes, a wonderful developmental skill. While I am very appreciative that E is meeting her milestones, this new attachment phase caught me totally off guard. E has always been so good at playing by herself. She still is, if she is in her crib. She can wake up from a nap and entertain herself for a good 30 minutes. But oh no, don't you put her on the floor with a room FULL of toys and try and sneak into the kitchen. This is all new. A phase which I know will pass more quickly than I realize. However, we are in the throws of separation anxiety for sure. I am so very thankful that she enjoys our playtime together but every now and then I do need to wash her bottle or take a shower. She does great with going to the nursery at church or the gym, and even plays on the floor well if we have people over, provided we are in the same room. This seemed to peak once she could crawl? So moms out there, any suggestions? (or validation that this is normal and will pass:)
Aside from this new development this is such a fun age! She is into EVERYTHING. Which would explain the new bruise she is sporting on her cheek :( Her favorite toys are still the empty diaper box, oatmeal container, and of course anything electronic that she's not supposed to have. She is so completely in love with other kids it is hilarious. So if you would like to rent me your child from 5-6 pm to get us through the bedtime hour, we are accepting applications :)
We are off to Greenville tomorrow for a wedding. Praying for naps in the car :) Hope everyone has a relaxing weekend!
Emerson picked out her outfit. Backwards hat and ballet shoe. Naturally.
What a cutie! I am new to your blog. Not even sure how I came across it, but I'm a fellow Clemson grad (2006 and 2007) and also have a 7 month old little girl (Kate). Your daughter is adorable! We haven't hit the separation anxiety stage yet, but I am sure it is coming. I'll have to stay tuned to see how long it lasts!
ReplyDelete