Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Midweek Confessions


Its Wednesday already so we are linking back up for confessions. We have felt really busy and pulled in a million different directions the past few weeks so I can blame some of these on that? right?! k good.

-Chris and I were at the grocery store the other night and I was standing in the frozen section staring at my watch. Chris wondered over to ask if a) i was in a hurry or b) needed help telling time, as I had apparently been staring at it for longer than I thought. I replied, "no, i'm just trying to remember what else I needed" Chris said "oh yeah, that must be some watch to hold your grocery list?" Note to self - make a list, don't go shopping past 9pm.

-Emerson may have gained 10 lbs last night. We were heading to a friends house for dinner and she decided she was mad at the world, or at least her car seat. I have no idea what it was other than possible utter exhaustion but she was beside herself. I tried my best rendition of every song I know and even threw in a little (loud) rap from the radio. All to no avail. Moments after telling chris I wasn't going to climb in the back seat (as I felt like it was rewarding such behavior) I caved. At the red light I hopped in beside her and ransacked the back seat to find the Puffs. She was silent. I think I gave her half the package. I technically bribed my kid with food. Not a proud moment.

-I have bought fifty eleven sippy cups. Literally I think I may have 7 different brands in the cabinet. I started offering it at 6 months just to get her used to it and it has been a beloved teether ever since. She has her 9 month check up tomorrow and my ridiculous goal oriented self really wanted to check off that box. Well Emerson must have just wanted to mess with me because yesterday she finally turned up her pink sippy cup and went to town. Way to make me sweat it girl. :) Just kidding. Well sort of. Don't give me a goal people. (ps i am aware I need to lay this one down...we are working on it...)

- And while we are on sippy cups. Every time I say pink sippy cup, I hear the "red solo cup" song. Its awful and incredibly annoying.

- Retail therapy. Its a real thing. And I was a victim today. (or maybe an eager participant)

Now to assembling some Easter Baskets! Hopefully the cellophane doesn't wake my napping girl. Happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. I can so hear Chris making that comment about the watch. hahah... miss you guys too much for this soon of being home!!!

    ReplyDelete