Sunday, January 8, 2012

"you is good..."


Can you guess what movie I finally watched this weekend? Yes, I know I am a little behind but we don't quite make it to opening week as often as we used too. We watched "The Help" Friday night and it was amazing. I am going to have to read the book now...(i know i do it backwards) I rented Twilight before I ashamedly jumped on that bandwagon and read the whole series. Yes not a proud moment. Chris likes to remind me of my ridiculousness, and after wasting time and money on going to see the last movie I think his judgement is valid. Anyways... I want to get a print done of Aibileene's saying "You is good, you is kind, you is important" for E's room. Do you think it will confuse her grammatically? It may just be worth it. I love it. My teacher mom has started saying it all the time so that means that it must be acceptable or at least a "teachable moment" as she would say.

We had a perfect winter day on Saturday. Temperature in the 70s and sunny skies. That is my kind of January. We took E downtown and enjoyed our first walk through the newly renovated market. (yes i know this is also old news as well) It reminded me so much Fanuil Hall in Boston, which is one of our favorite cities. I love the addition of the restaurants and wider isles. I will no longer curse the tourists and the feeling of being herded cattle downtown....at least not till the summer :) We grabbed lunch outside at Amen Street and E decided to take her lunch by the Pineapple fountain. I swear she could have stayed downtown the whole day. E + outside = happiest girl I've ever seen.

In other E news, we have a TOOTH! Finally poked its way through. I guess that explains the rough night she had after the Orange Bowl. (We thought she was just empathizing with us) And the bright red cheeks that I was beginning to think was Fifth's Disease. Yeah sometimes its not so great to be a nurse. She had also been chewing her bottom lip like a little old man without dentures. My mom was saying how she looked so cute doing it, i replied that it looked like tardive dyskinesia ( a side effect from anti-psychotic medication) Oh how there are some things from nursing school I wish I could forget. Either way E has her first pearly white even though she refuses to let me get a good glimpse of it. Ill post a picture as soon as she decides to showcase it.

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! For the first time since probably before Christmas I feel like I can look at Monday and not want to crawl back in the bed for just 5 more min... :)










1 comment:

  1. Meagan! So excited I found your blog! Love seeing all the pictures of Miss E and keeping up with you :)

    ReplyDelete