So I won the prize today. You would think I would be excited. I'm a pretty competitive person and who doesn't like hearing you are at the top. Yeah, not me. Not this prize. If you know me you would know by the glasses and red eyes that I have been battling this pollen, and it has about won. I've always had them but this year has been brutal. Most of the time I look like either I have just done some sort of drug or have cried for the past, oh lets say 12 hours. Anyway after the ever enjoyable and oh so comfortable skin test, the allergist entered the room to declare me the winner. Worst he has seen this season. Whoohoo. Thanks but no thanks. You can keep your medal and the slew of shots that comes with it. I know it sounds like I am whining. I am. But on the good side at least there is a reason for the ridiculousness that has been going on. I left armed with eye drops, oral medicine, nasal spray (which I couldn't fill because insurance wanted to double check with my doctor that I needed it. No, he just wrote it for fun) and a shot schedule. At this point I would have given almost anything if it meant a full nights sleep, going outside for more than 2 minutes, and the return of contacts. Oh and if you come by our place and I am ripping out carpet, tearing down curtains, or shrink wrapping every upholstered item - don't panic, I'm just following doctors orders.
I know you all feel so uplifted by my whiny rantings, but it is just one of those days. One of those times you just feel like saying, "I'm done". E didn't sleep last night. And we have no idea why. She never wakes up and she was up crying for a solid 2 hours but then seemed so happy today. Moms out there, any ideas? On top of the off night we had a friend staying with us. Thankfully she's practically family and understood the craziness and the game of musical beds we all had to play. I also have 3 huge mosquito bites on my face. Who gets bit on their face? Whew. I think I am done. Promise to not be so whiny tomorrow (and if I am I just won't blog) :)
Now as my mom would say "buck up, buttercup". I'll try that tomorrow...
I feel your pain! Remember that time in college I had hives for a solid year and the allergist couldn't figure out why?! UGH! Also, when we were in Africa, I got mosquito bites all over my face. I seriously looked like I had the chicken pox, it was awful!!!!!!!! I thought the same thing, who gets bites on their face?! But it's just because we are the sweetest, and mosquitos are good judges of character! : )
ReplyDeleteI think this post calls for that lovely pic of you from freshman year so your followers can understand just how bad it gets. :) hope the medicine starts working soon so you can feel better!
ReplyDelete