Monday, January 2, 2012

and we're off...

Off to a new year and off to new moves from E. Apparently we are ready to crawl (I am not, she has other plans) When we got home last night from New Years in Columbia, I put E down on her mat while I unpacked. As I walked back into the den she was up on all fours, rocking on her knees. She may be ready but I need a heads up. Time to rearrange the bottom kitchen cabinets and maybe make the dog's toy basket not quite so accessible.


Today we are thankful for our sweet girl, a new year, and a free day. (free days = days i didn't know chris didn't have to work :) I am a pretty concrete person. I like a beginning and an end. Probably why I enjoy surgical nursing. There is a clear start time to a case and a final suture placed. I enjoy new years because it is a clear distinction of a new beginning. I am well aware that the date does not have to be Jan. 1st to start something new or change a focus, but it seems like a nice clear cut time to this black and white girl. However I'm not big on resolutions. I am a fan of show me, don't tell me so I don't have a bulleted list. Except my errand to go sign up at the gym....yes I am that person today. That being said I am more than excited to start a new year with my family. To learn from our mistakes, to find joy in the small things, and to be continually thankful for all of our blessings. Happy 2012!









1 comment: